Monday, March 11, 2013

Playing Catch-Up

My laptop has been sick.  Which explains the gap in posts the past few weeks.  So much has been happening and also, not so much.  We have a few weeks left in our ski season, but by no means does that mean our winter is waning.  I expect our April and May to be wet and wild, but you just never know.  Since the last week of January we have had incredible snow and the skiing has been spectacular.  Here are some of the highlights over the past month since I have written:


  • My cousin Shannon came for a visit with her Atlanta friends and Johnny and I stopped by their place after work for a little while and we had a great time reconnecting with her and meeting her friends.  She had texted me the location of their condo, which I immediately recognized as "The Main Street Penthouse" which is always a treat to lounge around in.  They were cute, they kept asking us about living here and when Johnny said, yes, it's all that and we still get sick and have to take out the garbage... they exclaimed, No way, You don't have garbage here!!  They were funny.  We are trying to get them to come back in the summer with their kids.
  • Dad came out for a ski visit the next weekend and despite the fact that he had to endure his least favorite weather conditions while skiing (snow.  I know, right?) he navigated and we cruised all around the mountain, loving the new snow every morning and the warm-ups at Goronno.  He was actually an incredibly easy visitor, as we didn't alter our daily routine very much at all, he just stepped right into our life and ate and skied with us every day.
  • I skied newer, challenging terrain in the back country and on the ski area: bowls in Ophir and now bumps and black diamonds everywhere.  The bowls were good and challenging and so are the bumps but I am loving all of it.  I reached a new place with my ski ambitions that can only be described as whatever.   I can no longer continue on my mental path of stressing out about fast I can progress, all I can do is relax and enjoy all of my skiing experiences, big or small, successful or disappointing.  Once I jumped on board with that, everything shifted.  No surprise.
  • I have decided to stop teaching yoga.  I may save this for my next blog post because I am still mulling it over, but it feels right.
  • We had a super lynx encounter in Ophir but that, dear readers, will be another blog entry soon.  I have to re-load my photos onto this laptop now that I have done some computer salvaging, and the story cannot be told without them.
That is enough for now, short and sweet, but just wanted to let you all faithful followers that I am back in action with lots to tell!



No comments: